DSpace 3.2 is a minor update, providing bug fixes and a security fix to the 3.x platform. This upgrade is highly recommended for those who run DSpace 3.x with the JSPUI, as it fixes a memory leak and patches a security vulnerability in the JSPUI. This upgrade is also recommended for users of OAI-PMH, as several bug fixes are provided for that interface. For more information on the fixes provided, please visit our 3.2 Release Notes.
DSpace 3 is the latest major release offering many new features, bug fixes and improvements. We encourage users to upgrade to 3.x.
New Features and Improvements
DSpace 3 is a huge release! It contains many new features, numerous bug fixes and system improvements, including:
- Completely rewritten OAI-PMH interface (now compatible with Driver and Open-AIRE)
- Improvements to Solr-based Statistics (including Workflow & Search Query Statistics)
- Batch import for bibliographic formats (e.g. EndNote, BibTeX, RIS, TSV, CSV)
- Controlled Vocabulary support for XMLUI
- Google Analytics support for JSPUI
- More secure password storage
- Enhancements to Discovery Search & Browse (including hit highlighting, search snippets, related items, and JSPUI support)
- Item Level Versioning for XMLUI
- Advanced Embargo options for XMLUI (time based restrictions on bitstreams and metadata)
- Mobile Theme for XMLUI (beta)
- Type-based submissions (show or hide submission fields based on type of content)
- ElasticSearch-based Usage Statistics (alternative to Solr Statistics)
- Improvements to LDAP authentication
For much more information on each of these features, please visit our 3.0 Release Notes.
A detailed list of all changes in this release is also available in the Version History section of the online DSpace 3.x Documentation.
Latest online DSpace Documentation
- Available language translations
- 3.x : PDF or Browse Online
- 1.8.x : PDF or Browse Online
- 1.7.x : PDF or Browse Online
- 1.6.x : PDF or HTML
- 1.5.2 : PDF or HTML
- 1.5.1 : PDF or HTML
- 1.5.0 : HTML
- 1.4.x and prior
YourKit is kindly supporting open source projects with its full-featured Java Profiler. YourKit, LLC is the creator of innovative and intelligent tools for profiling Java and .NET applications. Take a look at YourKit's leading software products: YourKit Java Profiler and YourKit .NET Profiler.